Last Updated September 9, 2021
Everett Housing Authority (EHA) operates nine (9) apartment buildings in the cities of Everett, Lynnwood, Lake Stevens, and Monroe that are funded by Project Rental Assistance Contracts (PRACs) through the Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Residents of these apartment buildings pay rent based on their income and the PRACs provide the remaining funding for operating costs for the apartment buildings.
These PRACs are set to renew in 2022 and 2023 and EHA is planning to submit applications to HUD to convert each property to a Project-Based Voucher (PBV) contract through the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program. These new PBV contracts will ensure that the residents of these properties continue to pay rent based on their income. These new PBV contracts will also allow EHA to continue to maintain each property and address the physical needs of the properties over time..
If HUD approves our conversion plans for each property, the residents will receive rental assistance through EHA to continue to pay rent based on their income. The residents will also have a right to remain at the property, will not have to be approved again to live at the property, and their rent will most likely not increase. If HUD does not approve the PBV contracts for the properties, the properties will continue to be funded by the Section 202 Program.
Resident Notices and Information
As resident meetings are scheduled, EHA is posting notices at each property to provide the details for the resident meetings. After each resident meeting, we will prepare a Resident Information Sheet and post them here. The following list of Resident Notices and Resident Information Sheets will be updated as they are posted at each property.
- Evergreen Court
- Village East
- Meadow Park
- Scriber Pointe
- Lake Woods
- Evergreen Village
- Hawkins House
- Silver View
- Lynn Crest
EHA is holding resident meetings to explain our plan, how residents could be affected, and answer questions. We are also asking residents to provide comments on our plan. The following is a list of meetings that are scheduled. We will update this list as more meetings are scheduled.
- Evergreen Court and Village East Resident Meetings:
- In English – May 14th from 10am to 11am
- 한국어 미팅 - 5월14일 금요일 오후 1:00에서 2:30까지 (회의 오디오 녹음)
- Meadow Park and Scriber Pointe Resident Meetings:
- o In English – June 11th at 10am
- o 한국어 회의 - 6월 11일 금요일, 오후 1시
- Lake Woods and Evergreen Village Resident Meetings:
- Hawkins House, Silver View, and Lynn Crest Resident Meetings
- In English – September 3rd Meeting Recording
After each resident meeting for each property, there will be a 30-day comment period for residents to provide comments to EHA on our plan. Residents may provide comments at the resident meeting, send comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave comments on our voicemail at 425-303-1168 until the end of the comment period for each property. When you provide a comment, please indicate which property it is for. The following list of comment period deadlines will be updated as comment periods for each property are established.
- Evergreen Court – comment period ends June 13, 2021 at 5pm
- Village East – comment period ends June 13, 2021 at 5pm
- Meadow Park – comment period ends July 11, 2021 at 5pm
- Scriber Pointe – comment period ends July 11, 2021 at 5pm
- Lake Woods – comment period ends August 15, 2021 at 5pm
- Evergreen Village – comment period ends August 15, 2021 at 5pm
- Hawkins House – comment period ends October 3, 2021 at 5pm
- Silver View – comment period ends October 3, 2021 at 5pm
- Lynn Crest – comment period ends October 3, 2021 at 5pm
We will consider all resident comments when we complete our plan for each property. We will provide responses to any questions that are sent to the email or voicemail.