Porting In

Porting In

"Portability" in the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program refers to the process through which the family can transfer or "port" their rental subsidy from one public housing agency (PHA) to another in a different jurisdiction.

If you want to move with your voucher to EHA’s operating area, you must first contact your initiating PHA and tell them you would like to port to Everett Housing Authority. Your current PHA will determine if you are eligible to port and then forward the required documents to EHA.

Please ask your initiating PHA to send your portability packet to the following (email is preferred for fastest processing time):

EHA port-in contact:
Chariti Renville
Ph: (425) 303-1114
Fax: (425) 303-1175

Mailing address:
Everett Housing Authority
Attn: Portability
P.O. Box 1547
Everett, WA 98206-1547

Once EHA has received the required documents from your initial PHA, EHA will send you a packet to complete and return to EHA with any requested supporting documents.

Please make sure you answer all the questions in the packet and return it as quickly as possible. We expect verifying documents to be provided by your initial housing authority. In the event your initial housing authority does not provide these documents or there are recent changes in your household, we may request additional documentation from you.

  • Proof of income for all household members (current 60-days of pay stubs, award letters for Social Security benefits, DSHS benefits, unemployment, child support, pensions, etc.)
  • Proof of all assets for all household members (all pages of current bank statements, trust funds, life insurance, etc.)
  • Social security cards for all household members
  • Current picture identification for all adults 18 years and older
  • Birth certificates for all children under 18 years old
  • Legal immigration documents for all household members (if applicable)

This paperwork is very important. We must receive all of this information before we can approve your request to port-in and issue you an EHA voucher. Delays in providing or failure to provide this information could cause your voucher to expire.

Once EHA has received all required documents, a mover’s meeting will be scheduled with your assigned EHA Certification Specialist. At the mover’s meeting you will receive your EHA voucher and mover’s packet, including the Request for Tenancy Approval and briefing estimate.